Activity 1: Student Services
This activity supports continued enhancements of a wide variety of student services, including admissions, enrollment, retention, financial aid, career counseling and academic support services. Under a ‘One University’ model, a collaborative approach to admissions and enrollment processing of students is being developed to enhance efficacy and efficiency of Student Services for the entire student life cycle. Core counseling and retention services are also provided to serve all students.
Over the next two (2) years, we will begin to implement the University’s Student Recruitment and Enrollment Plan with the mission of meeting the plan’s overarching objectives in the following areas.
- Establishment of a full range of Student Services within the Office of Enrollment Management Services (EMS)
- Use of data-driven enrollment strategies to grow graduate enrollment
- Proactive engagement and effective implementation of a comprehensive student retention program, including counseling and career planning
- Improved financial aid and scholarship offerings and processes
- Establishment and cultivation of strategic partnerships with educational and healthcare institutions, as well as community organizations
To meet core commitments to student affairs and student services, this activity will provide staff and resources which are needed in the University’s student service areas to meet the demand for services of CDU’s diverse community.
CDU’s Student Services activities under Title III will include Admissions Counselors to focus on the graduate programs, a Financial Aid Advisor, an Assistant Registrar, a Student Success/retention Coordinator and a Career Services Advisor. Title III will also support health careers outreach through travel to career fairs and schools, as well as professional development, and supplies related to achieving the goals of the activity (brochures, handbooks, and other materials).
Rita Sawyer, Ph.D.
Chief Student Services Officer